Pages

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

I'm still here

Yes, it’s been a while since I’ve posted. I haven’t forgotten though; I know I have some faithful readers :). 

 

A week and a half ago, Jade and I dragged the boys out to the fitness competition that we were planning on doing way back in December/January. Obviously we didn’t compete but we still wanted to go and catch some of the action (seriously how much action can you get from girls prancing around). There were so many girls competing in the fitness model category. It still made me want to compete again. We did see some ‘most muscular’ poses so the trip was a success.

 

Things have been going well at Crossfit. Still getting stronger but it’s definitely slowed down a bit. I’m not PR’ing as often as I would like of course, but I always try and remember baby steps. Any little improvement is a step in the right direction. That includes improving on my form and stamina, on top of strength.  Recently I’ve PR’d both my back squat and front squat at 75kg and 70kgs. I still have a lot of weaknesses though; my core being the main thing (and those gd double unders!). I also have an issue with hyperextension in my back and it comes back (haha) and bites me during some of the moves that we do (handstand push-ups, kettle bells swings). I try to be conscious of it no matter what move I’m executing by pulling in my bellybutton and not letting my lower back sag. It’ll be a long road ahead but one that I’m willing to put the time into. I am not trying to fix it completely, it’s just the way I’m made, but I’ll focus on finding a way to make it work for me.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jac!

    I'm happy that you posted again. I know this is a long delay from the actually post. And I know that you don't actually know me. My names Marlene White. I'm a tad health and fitness obsessed.

    Anyways, I was wondering if it was possible for me to write an article for this blog. I thought maybe an article about the various ways you can live a healthy life style. And the overall health benefits.

    If you don't like the idea I can pitch some more. Let me know what you think.

    Thanks,
    Marlene White

    ReplyDelete