Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

loafin'

I finally got around to flipping through my Eat Clean cookbooks to try and find something yummy to whip up. I decided on a delicious looking banana loaf which I thought was perfect because it's been a loooooong time since I ate any bread. Here's what goes in:

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
1 cup mashed naners (aka nanas or bananas)
1/2 cup skim milk soured with 1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla

Oven at 350F (I have to put F because ovens in Australia are in celsius). Coat a loaf pan with olive oil and dust with flour. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another. Add the dry to the wet and mix until blended. Pour into a loaf pan and into the ov' for 55 mins! I found this recipe in The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook with a few of my own modifications and omissions.

Can you smell it?!



No comments:

Post a Comment