Pages

Monday, April 08, 2013

a little curry-osity

Who doesn’t love Asian cuisine? I decided to search for a paleo curry sauce recipe and found one that was Jac-friendly (read: fairly simple to find the ingredients and follow) from Bi-Polar Paleo and made a few of my own little tweaks. Let me tell you...I wanted to either just drink this stuff or take a bath in it, it was that good! *Toot toot*...that’s me...tooting my own horn. Now I don’t even know if this tasted how it’s supposed to taste, but I really don’t care. Before I get to the recipe, I used Massaman curry paste bought from the grocery store. The brand I buy is paleo-friendly so make sure you read the ingredients. You can use any type of curry paste you desire with this recipe (http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/education/thai-curries-a-guide/c27601.aspx). Oh, and my measurements were give and take some so this is more just guidelines than actual rules (where are my movie buffs?!):

- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry paste of choice
- 1 can coconut milk (I used a small can)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Sprinkle of mixed herbs seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley etc)

Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a wok or pan then add the curry paste and let it cook for a few mins. Add in 1/3 of the can of coconut milk and garlic, mix and let cook another 5-10 mins. Add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and seasonings and cook another couple of mins. Do some taste testing and adjust to your liking, you may want to add more paste or seasoning or whatever, and then try not to drink it.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Did you put this on something? I usually put it on vegees or rice, but since you don't eat many carbs I was wondering what it went on. Moi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually put a little bit of it on my chicken breasts that I cook for lunches and then I saved some for supper meals and put it on whatever meat we were having :) I love this sauce so much but as good as it is for you, the fat content of the coconut milk is still pretty high. I might try making it with 'light' coconut milk or just make it less often to temp me :P

      Delete