Pages

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

cooking with Sweet Brown

I whipped up something new last night. I’ve seen a few recipes for Sweet Potato Latkes floating around the realms of facebook and instagram lately to which my mouth would water at the sight, I could probably give Lily a run for her money....nah I retract that...she’s a drool machine. Anytime Ryan and I try to eat, you can feel her eyes burning a hole in you, so you look over at her to find two long fang-like strings of drool hanging out of her jowls. She’s so lady like.

Ok, back on topic. The chosen recipe for my experiment was from fastpaleo.com:

- 2 cups of grated, peeled sweet potato (about one small potato)
- 1 cup of grated zucchini, skin on
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 egg, beaten (add at the end)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Any other spices you wanna add (I used Moroccan spice)

First, grate the sweet potato and zucchini and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. The recipe suggests setting it in the fridge for 15-20 mins but....AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT! I just used good old elbow grease to get out all the juice. Mix in the green onion and spices and finally the beaten egg. Heat up a frying pan to medium heat with 1-2 tbsps coconut oil (or other healthy oil). Form a small amount of the mixture into a ball and place in the pan. Press with the spatula to make them nice and pancakey-shaped. Flip after about 10 mins or when they are golden brown (or closer to black when I cook). They should hold together nicely at this point. Finally, try not to eat them all....I skipped this step. You should get around 6 latkes.









1 comment:

  1. Look and sound delicious, Jac! Will have to try them :)
    Danni

    ReplyDelete