Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

decked out

My first piece of Crossfit clothing! It’s nice and simple, comfy and fits great. Let’s face it, I don’t have the issue of boobs hitting me in the chin when I workout so support isn’t really on the radar when I pick out a sports bra. Time to christen this baby with a little sweat I say! Maybe I’ll save it for 13.2 on Friday. I have another shirt coming in the mail from WOD Addiction too!

One more week till Fiji!

Last night we did 1RM clean and jerk. I managed to get 55kgs cleaned but not jerked...next time for sure. I’m amazed at how quickly I’m increasing the weight. When I first started Crossfit I thought ‘there is no way I’m going to be able to lift that much ever’. When I started to see the light a little, my thoughts changed to ‘ok I might be able to do that but it’ll probably take me a year’. Now my thoughts are ‘holy crap I can do that already?!?’. It’s almost as if I had it in me all along but just needed the right medium to bring it out. Crossfit is proving to be that medium.

me·di·um (md-m)
n. pl. me·di·a (-d-) or me·di·ums
1. An intervening substance through which something else is transmitted or carried on.
2. An agency by which something is accomplished, conveyed, or transferred.
3. pl. media
a. A surrounding environment in which something functions and thrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment