Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

one down, four to go

I did the Open 13.1 WOD on Friday. It was intense but I thought I did pretty well. I had a goal of 130 reps and I managed to squeeze out 125. I’m happy with that for my first time and only being with Crossfit for about 3 months. I hit a new snatch PR on Thursday night of 40kgs so I was a little more confident going in to the workout. It was such a great experience and I’m looking forward to 13.2 already. There was so much energy at the box and everyone cheering each other on...pretty awesome! Here’s what went down in 17 mins:

40 burpees
30 snatch 20kgs
30 burpees
30 snatch 35kgs
20 burpees
30 snatch 45kgs
10 burpees
Snatch at 55kgs, as many as possible

We won’t find out what 13.2 is until Thursday morning. As long as it’s nothing to do with rope climbs, double-unders or hand stand push-ups, I’ll be happy.

I put another recipe to the test last night. I wanted something different in the morning and something that would save a bit of time since we all know it’s a hard choice between a few extra minutes of sleeping or straightening our hair. Sleeping in usually wins the toss for me since I’m usually seen with my hair in a bun at work. I found a recipe for vegetable and tuna quiche from My Clean Plate on Instagram and tweaked it a bit since I’m picky when it comes to veggies.

· 2 full eggs plus at least 2-3 egg whites, beaten
· ¼ cup grated zucchini with water squeezed out
· ¼ cup grated carrots
· ¼ cup chopped baby spinach
· ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
· 1 small tin of tuna in spring water, drained
· 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped

Mix all the veggies and tuna in a bowl and then add the beaten eggs and egg whites. You may need to add more egg whites depending on the amount of veggies you have. Grease a small casserole dish with coconut oil or olive oil and pour the mixture in. I sprinkled a small amount of cheese on top. Bake for about 20-25 mins at 180C and set your alarm five mins later for the next morning. You’re welcome.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment