Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

dream on

Yesterday at Crossfit, Coach-master Craig asked me where a new blog post was. I said I was brainstorming, trying to think of something interesting to write. He said ‘how about how work gets in the way’. He might have meant it jokingly (or maybe not :P), but it’s actually a valid point he brought up. It seems I never stop thinking about nutrition and fitness. I work 8am to 4:30pm and our drive takes just under an hour each way (worth it!). If I could, I would do Crossfit six days a week but WOD times and my work day doesn’t really line up right now. So yes, work does get in the way. I’m pretty sure that 99% of my work day I spend in la la land thinking about working out and day dreaming of being involved in nutrition and fitness all day every day. Again, work getting in the way.

There’s nothing wrong with my job, it pays well, has great benefits, great opportunities (like moving halfway around the world to skip -40 temperatures) and lots of great people. But it’s not where my heart is. So right now I’m trying to figure out a way to follow my passion and end up doing what I love everyday and helping people achieve their fitness goals. Being on a sponsored work visa while here in Aussieland means my options are fairly limited, so right now I’m just working out a plan for the future :)

I digress.

Last night I learned how to do the hanging power snatch. Love these big moves. I also graduated from a blue bank to a pink band for my pull-ups...yay!

And one last thing before signing off (almost time to head home and catch the Friday WOD, see I’m even blogging at work!!). I tried a very simple and clean protein pancake recipe the other day courtesy of Cassey Ho of POP Pilates/Blogilates (I follow her on Instagram). Turned out pretty good I must say, even the dog wanted in on the action, not sure that’s saying much though. They have a little bit of a different taste to them but still yummy....oh and be sure to use a little olive oil or coconut oil in the pan, live and learn ;)

2 eggs
1 banana
2 tbsp milk
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

I recommend mashing the banana in a bowl and then adding the rest of the ingredients and whisking until combined. Then just pour into a pan and cook like panclocks! Did you get that movie reference? >D

Thanks for the pic Coach!


No comments:

Post a Comment