Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

playing catch-up...or is it ketchup?

So I was really pleased with my results for last Thursday’s WOD. I did a 75kg dead lift, so new PR there! Weee! I also learned that I really need to work on my core. Craig gave me a few little pointers to help out with my wall holds, which is the scale for handstand walks. I tell ya, it’s the little things that make the difference! I only did a wall hold for 14 seconds, but that’s 14 seconds longer than before so I’m satisfied. I know my weakness and I can focus on it to improve. Box jump was 32” and row was 1:30.4 so another yay!!

Friday I struggled. It was Helen this time who gave me a run for my money. Three rounds for time of 400m run, 21 kettle bell swings, 12 pull ups. It was so stinkin’ hot and my feet burned while I ran. I used a 12kg KB and a band for my pull ups, which I also suck at. But hey, how do you get stronger at pull ups?? DO MORE PULL UPS! My time was 14:55 and at 14:56 I was enjoying some nice one on one time with the floor.

Saturday I headed to the open gym at the box to work on some benchmarks. Here are my results:

OH Squat: 25kg
Clean: 45kg (my traps protested this the following day)
Bench Press: 40kg

I was very happy when Sunday came around, my body really needed the rest. Another trip to the dog beach was planned and it was wonderful! I need to remember to wear sunscreen in this country. Even though I have a nice tan going, my Canadian skin is still weak under the powerful Aussie sun!

Yesterday, back to the box. Here we go:

5 rounds for time
7 Dead Lifts
30 Squats
7 Handstand Pushups

I used 45kg for my deadlift, which proved to be a little on the light side, I could have taken a bit more. Squats were killer, but my speed is improving. I did a scaled version of handstand pushups called pike press. My feet were on a box and my legs were in a pike position and you do pushups on that angle, still tough though! My time was 6:44.

Tonight is the one thing I’ve been dreading...rope climbs. I’m really hoping there’s a scale for this one...

And just because she is so friggen cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment