Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

round 2...ding ding ding!!

I’ve decided to compete again! May 26th is just under 20 weeks away so I’m giving myself a LOT more time than I did last year. For the most part I’ve kept to eating clean during the week at work and then having a few cheats on the weekend. The holidays were a different story though :S Ryan and I took a trip to the Whitsundays (amazing BTW!) and pretty much ate crap the whole trip....it was glorious :D but definitely had some Christmas fluff afterwards! So for eats, I’m making a few tweaks to really clean it up, like limit to one cheat a week (most likely this will be sushi, is that even a cheat meal!?) and switch to green tea during the week. I can’t give up our ritual Saturday morning tea and coffee on the patio just yet :). Here is what this week consists of:

Breakfast: one egg, ¼ cup egg whites, 1/3 cup whole grain oats with dried fruit, cinnamon and water.
Mid morning snack: raw cucumber and carrots, almonds, green tea.
Lunch: ½ a baked chicken breast, ¼ baked sweet potato, ½ cup steamed carrots and green beans.
Afternoon snack: one hardboiled egg, 10-12 cherry tomatoes, one apple
Pre-workout: Banana
Post-workout: 1 scoop of protein powder with water
Supper: stir-fry – fresh spinach, mushrooms, bean sprouts, cabbage, chicken breast, red curry paste.

And lots of water!!!

For the fun part, working out of course, I’m doing it a little different this time. I started Crossfit at the beginning of December so I’ll be incorporating three days a week into my plan. Here’s what it will look like:

Monday: legs (quads, hams, calves, glutes)
Tuesday: Crossfit
Wednesday: chest, shoulders and traps
Thursday: Crossfit
Friday: back, lats, bis and tris
Saturday: Crossfit/Run
Sunday: Rest

Let the fun begin!!





3 comments:

  1. My friends started crossfit over a year ago.
    They have seen major charges in their bodies especially when they changed their diet to paleo, huge weight loss and great muscle building. Take it u are far from over weight! Good luck with all of ur training :-)
    Amanda G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jac!!
    Very cool, just read through your blog, thank you for sharing!
    I will be following for sure!
    I have struggled with low immunity/illness over the last year, but dying to get back!
    This will help!
    Thanks again, hope you and hubby are well in AUS!

    Take care,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda! I'll let you know how it goes for me but so far so good and seeing some good changes in my strenth :)

    Thanks for reading Rene! Glad you're following along :)

    ReplyDelete