Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

we are one team

I was browsing on the interwebs the other day looking at some Crossfit tank tops to see if there was anything worth paying the ridiculous cost of shipping to Australia for. I came across one which had a silhouette of a girl on a treadmill with the words ‘FAIL’ written next to it. This kinda cheesed me off a little, ok maybe more than a little. Now this is just my opinion, but to me the message here is, if you’re not doing Crossfit then don’t bother doing anything else. Listen, if you’re just starting out on your fitness journey and all you can manage to do is walk on the treadmill right now, then you’re miles and miles ahead of so many people and should not be judged for this. I’ve run on a treadmill, I’m sure the majority of people involved in fitness have run on a treadmill. As long as you’re moving and being active then you’re heading in the right direction and doing something positive for your body and your life. We should embrace all kinds of fitness lifestyles, right? And support each other, right? Sure, I do Crossfit, but my heart still belongs to Les Mills. I love it! I will always love it! I dream about the day I go back to Canada and resume teaching Body Attack, RPM and Body Pump. I also see myself continuing with Crossfit for a long time because I love it as well. I’ve done a few 5ks, 10ks and half marathons in the last few years and may do some in the future. Sometimes, you need that treadmill to train for a race. Now if you want to judge me for this then by all means, judge away. Maybe I just took the shirt way to seriously and I need to lighten up..... :P

Ok, need to change topics, the hulk is starting to come out....

“I think the word you’re looking for is.....’Anywayssss’....oh Chandler, you crack me up!

The weekend here was really nice and relaxing, did some housework, hung out with some friends and went to the beach with the pup. I’ve seen some posts on facebook displaying some very cold temps (-41 wind-chill in Saskatoon!). I hope you guys are all snuggling up and keeping warm!!

Tonight, I’ll be up in the gym just working on my fitness....legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment