Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

who's hungry, who's hungry

Alright, so rope climbs will take a while to get the hang of. Craig sat us down and showed us how to position our feet to get up and down, so now it’ll just be a matter of practice, practice, practice!! Of course there was a scale for the WOD...how silly of me to think otherwise. Instead of rope climbs I did ring rows. This consists of laying flat on your back with a set of rings, already covered in chalk by someone who actually uses them for cooler stuff like muscle ups, directly above you within arm’s reach, lock your core and pull yourself up, chest to rings, heels on the ground. Sounds easy....not so easy. Throw in my suck of a core and I had to go one more step down and bend my knees, it was still tough but at least now I was able to actually accomplish the move. So here’s what went down:

50 med-ball cleans (6kg)
5 ring rows
40 med-ball cleans
4 ring rows
30 med-ball cleans
3 ring rows
20 med-ball cleans
2 ring rows
10 med-ball cleans
1 ring row

Things got pretty intense with my medicine ball and I’m not sure who was covered in more of my sweat. I finished in just over 10 mins and had another date with the floor. How you doin’?

Last night Ryan and I met up with Leon and Jade, or Jeon and Lade as Ryan likes to call them (which is fine since Leon has coined the term Racqueline), for a Moonlight Cinema double date. We laid our picnic blankets out on the grass and propped up our pillows to enjoy a movie under the stars, and for an hour and a half, we forgot about our healthy eating and snacked on M&M’s, fries, burgers and chips! I’m pretty sure it was well deserved so I didn’t feel one bit guilty. My stomach had other ideas though and felt like I’d eaten a bag of chocolate covered razor blades instead.

I did bring along a container full of grapes to snack on during the flick but they took a backseat to the delicious simple carbs that were under my nose. I fully intended on sharing the container with everyone. I did, however, bring the container of grapes to work today and ended up inhaling almost the whole she-bang....I think I’ve just signed myself up for another sore tummy....

Thumbs down...



No comments:

Post a Comment