Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

it's raining supermen...?

I just polished off a Starbucks hot chocolate....I had to give in to my craving....hey it happens. But c’mon, I had it made with skim milk so it’s still counts as healthy right!?? Pffffff. I kid.

I decided to change my plans last night. I skipped the gym and went for a run instead. It was cool and rainy which is pretty much the only weather I can stand to run in here in Australia. I was a bit miffed at some work stuff going on and I was bummed out and didn’t really feel like going to the gym. I don’t particularly enjoy the gym I go to right now...it’s a far cry from Goodlife that I’m used to. It’s small, no air conditioning, and jammed with a bunch of jacked kiwi’s covered in tats. Not that I mind, I’m a fan of the tatted up look. My options for a gym are fairly limited in our little community so I’ll suck it up. Even the big chains of gyms here don’t come close to those in Canada. So count yourself lucky my Canadian readers!

After writing my post yesterday and reminiscing of my teaching days, I chose a nice little compilation called Body Attack 57 as my running tunes last night. I threw in a few run and reach arms, knee-kick arms and forward punches as I ran, all of which received some strange looks from Ryan as he ran next to me, probably enjoying his playlist of Godsmack and Silversun Pickups (my usual running tunage as well). I was so happy and it just made me want to teach even more....maybe I’ll just have to try and make something happen here :)

Tired and soaking wet....

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like an opportunity to open up a proper gym chain Jac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks for the suggestion Charlie!

    ReplyDelete