Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

stacked!

A while back (while browsing Pinterest I’m pretty sure), I came across a picture that said ‘If you want something you’ve never had, then you must do something you’ve never done’. Light bulb! So that got me thinking, what have I not been doing before? What have others done that have already achieved the same goals I have? I came up with a couple of things. One I talked about already, keeping a food and workout journal. The other required a little bit more research before I ventured into it.

Supplements.

The world of fitness and bodybuilding is polluted with so many different brands, types, pills, powders, flavours etc. I have never been a stranger to protein powder but I decided to explore fat burners and BCAAs (Branched-Chain Amino Acids). I’ve always been a skeptic on these kinds of things but I decided be open minded and do my homework. I searched the internet high and low for information, recommendations and ratings of different products and I’m proud to say my stack has been established! It consists of:

- 1 women’s multi-vitamin in the morning
- 2 x Lipo 6 Black Hers tablets (one before breakfast and one mid afternoon)
- 1 scoop Scivation Xtend BCAA during workout
- 1 ¼ scoop of Evolve Whey Protein post workout


The Lipo 6 Black recommends a dosage of three pills in the morning and three mid afternoon but since this is new territory for my body, I decided to start with one tablet and work my way up. This is supposed to boost your metabolism and help suppress your appetite. The BCAAs will help preserve muscle tissue while burning the fat stores during and post workout. I’m still skeptical on the fat burner as I read both negative and positive things about this product, but I will make my own opinion of it.

In my entry yesterday I mentioned there are no pills or shakes that can replace eating clean. I stick by what I say. These supplements are exactly that. I am hoping they enhance the good choices I make, not replace them.

So at this point it’s still a work in progress, an experiment I guess you could say. It’s too early for me to know if I’m benefiting from these supplements. Time will tell. But you don’t know unless you try right!

No comments:

Post a Comment