Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

twelve days.

I’m hoping that when I get home from work today there’s a little parcel waiting for me with my competition bikini inside! The last piece of the puzzle. I have my packing list all worked out and plan for next week. It’s going to be exciting and interesting I think. I’ve been feeling pretty good lately but definitely wish I had a few more weeks to tighten things up. Next week I will start carb depletion on Monday and continue that until Thursday when I will begin to carb load and reduce my water intake. Depleting carbohydrates will reduce the glycogen in my muscles and then when I introduce high carbs back into my diet, the muscles will absorb more and make them look fuller. Plus I hopefully won’t be retaining any water (by reducing my water intake) and that’s where I’ll get the cut look. Hopefully. Everybody cross your fingers for me please. Yesterday I had some white rice for lunch and at the gym last night I noticed that I wasn’t looking as lean and cut in my upper body as I usually do. Pretty amazing how little things can make such a noticeable impact on your body. And I also ate way too much of it because I was full for a looooong time. I should be hungry every 2-3 hours. Oops!!

A few nights ago at the gym, one of the owners was floating around chatting to people (which he does now and then). I had mentioned to him before that I was training for a competition and he sounded pretty interested in my training and diet. Well he offered to train me for free for the last two weeks to get me pumped up and ready! How exciting! I’ve never had a personal trainer since I’ve always been pretty comfortable in the gym and using all the weights and machines, but I’ve wanted to try one out, just to compare. Now I get the chance. I’m a little bit nervous though. What if he pushes me so hard and I realize that I’m not as strong as I think I am?

I will try and post more often leading up the competition. Hopefully I’ll be experiencing changes on a daily basis next week. Oh and stay tuned for bikini pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment